My Continuum UK Games  

Posted by Whirly / R00kie in , , , , ,

During mid July I usually go to AmberCon UK. I normally have a great time, drink more beer over one weekend than I do in a typical month, meet up with old friends, and run about three games.

My mind is normally coming up with ideas for the next AmberCon UK before the Con is over. I don't know if you've noticed but conventions are incredibly inductive to coming up with great adventure and campaign ideas. Anyway, by January I had a good dozen ideas for Amber games I wanted to run and was trying to whittle the number down to something more reasonable. By late January I had a final list of the games I was going to run, and had moved onto play test them; and by mid February I was getting very concerned that I hadn't yet heard anything about ‘AmberCon UK 2008’.

I still haven't heard anything about this year’s AmberCon UK and that’s despite being signed up to the Newsletter, and posting requests for information on the Yahoo group. I've had to give up on it, since even if they announce the con now its going to be too late for most people.

AmberCon's loss is however Continuum's gain. Continuum is about the right time of year, and I already have money put aside for a con. I don't feel like running Amber games at Continuum, so I've come up with three cool new games for the Continuum.

Here are the details of the first two. The third one deserves a post in its own right.


The Old and the Deep
System: Fear Itself (GUMSHOE)
GM Declan Feeney (me)
Players Six Players max

Its November 4, 1872. Tomorrow you set sail from Staten Island, New York to Genoa, Italy. You are the passengers and crew of the an eleven year old brigantine called the 'Mary Celeste'.
and

Spirit of the White Council (an adventure in the Dresden-verse)
System: Spirit of the Century (or the Dresden Files RPG if its been released in time)
GM Declan Feeney
Players Six Players (who don't need to have read any of the Dresden Files Books - its all pretty self explanatory)

The Dragon triumvirate, an alliance of three powerful Dragons - Hicax, Balserax and Donograx, controls Hong Kong with an Iron Fist. Hong Kong is a powerful nexus, a points where ley lines intersect. It plays a key role in control of South East Asia and the White Council wants free access to this place. Unfortunately so do the Vampires of the Red Court.

As apprentices you're travelled with you master, Wizard Kinskey, to negotiate with the triumvirate. Unfortunately with news of a group of Red Court delegates and the sudden disappearance of your master things aren't going well.

I'll be interested to see how they go. I've never run either of these systems at a Con before, but I've run a lot of other systems (Traveller, Amber, Risus and AFMBE) and never had any difficulty helping players pick up the rules. I've written them with an eye to instant action and fast play so I'm hoping they'll be a lot of fun

And if you'd like to play in either of these games check out the Continuum website and forum.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 at 5:41 pm and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Post a Comment